This Friday, February 19th, for our weekly TechSoup‘s NonProfit Commons in Second Life meeting, we will be taking a special field trip to the Virtual Ability community for a mixed reality panel presentation. Panelists Courtney Steele, Ellen Lundwell, Alice Krueger will each describe their organizations and how their work addresses the intersection of media, community, and social justice.
The panel will be hosted by Dr. Susan Sci, assistant professor of communication at Regis University, Denver, CO, and include:
- Courtney Steele, of The Open Media Foundation
- Ellen Lundwell, of World Affairs Challenge
- Alice Krueger (Gentle Heron), of Virtual Ability, Inc.
The voices of the non-Second Life panelists will be broadcast into Second Life, with Alice/Gentle being projected live into the physical venue.
Join us in Second Life!
A Special Nonprofit Commons Weekly Meeting
Friday, February 19h, 8:00 AM PT / SLT
This week, taking place in the Sojourner Auditorium, Virtual Ability island at: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Virtual%20Ability/54/170/23
AGENDA (all times below PT)
- 8:00 am Special panel: Media, Community and Social Justice (taking place in the Sojourner Auditorium)
- 9:40 am Open Mic / Announcements (this will take place back at our Plush Nonprofit Commons Amphitheater: http://bit.ly/NPCinSL
The Nonprofit Commons in Second Life is a program sponsored by Caravan Studios – http://caravanstudios.org, a division of TechSoup Global, http://techsoup.org. The mission of the Nonprofit Commons in Second Life is to create a community for nonprofits to explore and learn about virtual worlds, foster connections, and discover the many ways in which nonprofits might utilize the unique environment of Second Life to achieve their missions.
Written by: Rhiannon Chatnoir