Don’t know your VoIP from your POTS or even what these acronyms mean? Scratching your head on all the phone system options out there? Then this event is for you.
We’ll be joined by telecommunications expert and longtime TechSoup star and forums moderator, Chris Shipley of Nutmeg IT and Kevin Lo, Lead Technology Analyst for TechSoup Global. Our hosts will address the various voice communication options (VoIP, PBX hardware, voicemail, etc.) available and how these differ. We’ll explore the pros and cons of different solutions, cost considerations, and examine what kinds of organizations would best benefit from different systems.
This live webinar kicks off the official launch of TechSoup’s new Telecommunications discussion forum. After the webinar, our hosts will continue the conversation in the asynchronous (not live) forums event. We’ve gotten the conversation rolling with topics like how telecommunications is changing nonprofit work, Google Voice, and what VoIP services organizations are using. Head on over and post your questions and get expert advice on your telecommunications needs!
Here are all the ways you can participate in the event! Feel free to take part on any and all of these channels:
- Register for the live webinar, Thursday, February 18, 11 a.m. Pacific time
- Post your specific questions in the new Telecommunications forum and get expert answers. The discussion is asynchronous (not live), so show up any time and post
- Follow the action on Twitter: hashtag: #techsoup and via TweetChat
- Listen on the live web stream
- Participate virtually in the Nonprofit Commons in Second Life (slurl to location in Second Life). You can see a step-by-step guide for how to participate in Second Life
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spread the word via Twitter and other social media sites by copying and pasting the following:
Join in free #techsoup forums event & webinar: Straight Talk about Telecommunications, 2/18:http://bit.ly/d0QfsP
Image credit: Peter Kamaninski via Flickr
Written by: penguin kuhn