This Friday, March 20th, TechSoup’s NonProfit Commons in Second Life will feature a visit to the Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education virtual conference (http://vwbpe.org). VWBPE is a global grass-roots community event focusing on education in immersive virtual environments, including research, health and nonprofit presentations. We will meet as usual, and then after introductions, and a chance to share announcements, we will travel to the panel focused around the Virtual Ability disability support community.
Join us in Second Life!
Nonprofit Commons Weekly Meeting
Friday, March 20th, 8:30 AM PT / SLT
Plush Nonprofit Commons Amphitheater
AGENDA (all times below PT)
- 8:30 am Introductions
- 8:40 am TechSoup Announcements
- 8:50 am NPC goes to VWBPE (teleporting to VWBPE Auditorium: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/VWBPE%20Central%203/230/230/30
- 9:00 am VWBPE – Virtual Ability: Support, Collaboration, Research, Community panel (http://vwbpe.org/events/event/virtual-ability-support-collaboration-research-community)
In addition to the Virtual Ability panel, there are many nonprofit topic focused panels happening, and NPC community members presenting this year, and we encourage community members to check them out. You can view the full schedule at: http://vwbpe.org/conference/vwbpe-2015-calendar, and check out the NPC member presentations below.
- March 19th, 9:00 AM PT – Learning by Leading – Discover Your Destiny, Renne Brock-Richmond (Zinnia Zauber in SL)
- March 20th, 7:00 AM PT – Creating Dinosaurs & Earning Badges, Jeroen Frans (Frans Charming in SL)
- March 20th, 3:00 PM PT – Content Curation Through Virtual World Communities
- March 21st, 9:00 AM PT – NonProfit Commons Community panel
The mission of the Nonprofit Commons in Second Life is to create a community for nonprofits to explore and learn about virtual worlds, foster connections, and discover the many ways in which nonprofits might utilize the unique environment of Second Life to achieve their missions.
Written by: Rhiannon Chatnoir