REVVER is a video site similar to YouTube. The company is quite a bit smaller than YouTube. The number of videos on REVVER is much smaller than on YouTube. While it is a little guy, REVVER is my preferred video site.
The small guy is more likely to try and work with content providers. You can post messages to the forum on REVVER and get a response very quickly. The REVVER staff are quite likely to email you directly if you have something you need/want to have resolved.
Posting to REVVER is very similar to posting to YouTube.
What are the steps?
- You need an account. Accounts are free. Go to http://one.revver.com and click on "register" in the top left corner.
- Once you have an account, log in and click on "Upload".
- REVVER takes the process in reverse of YouTube–first you choose your file (and you can upload mov, mpeg, mp4, asf, avi, DIVX, 3gp and 3g2). Click on the "Browse" button and after you have selected your file, choose "Upload".
- That opens up a "Title", "Description", TAGS, Web Page, Credits, and Age Level. Click "Save This Video".
- Do NOT leave this page until your file has completed uploading.
You can tag during this process or after you have saved your video. The Nonprofits in Second Life Group are using "NPSL".
One thing to note is that REVVER is highly sensitive of copyright. They will not post a video that they suspect contains any copyrighted materials. Background music can cause a video to be rejected.
Written by: Creech