For those of you coming to the Second Life Community Convention this weekend in Chicago who are interested in following the non-profit / philanthropy thread, there’s a convenient non-profit schedule, posted by Joyce at Global Kids. Here are the main events in a nutshell:
Saturday, August 25
- 10:00am-11:00am Keynote by Connie Yowell,
Director of Education in the MacArthur Foundation’s Program on Human
and Community Development
- 1:30pm-03:00pm “Teens Making Machinima within Non-Profit Programs”
- 3:30pm-04:00pm “An Educational Non-profit’s History of the Teen Grid: A Global Kids Adventure in Best Practices”
Sunday, August 26
- 10:00am-11:00am "Best Practices in Bringing Non-profits into SL"
- 2:30pm-03:30pm "The Role of Philanthropy in Virtual Worlds"
You can find the full schedule for SLCC here.
Written by: rikomatic