The Silicon Valley Virtual Reality Conference and Expo 2014, on May 19th and 20th, will be streamed into numerous community locations throughout Second Life (and OpenSImulator), including NonProfit Commons! The various virtual audiences will also be captured and shown on screen to the physical conference attendees in Silicon Valley.
Schedule to be streamed:
Monday, 5/19, 2pm SLT keynote speaker Philip Rosedale
Tuesday, 5/20, 3 pm SLT – Panel: Creating the VR Metaverse
- One global metaverse or many?
- Identity and privacy
- Virtual World Governance: democracies, the greek god model, or benevolent dictators
- Intellectual property and legal jurisdictions
- Avatar portability and standards
- Philip Rosedale, Co-founder, High Fidelity
- Stefano Corazza, CEO, Mixamo
- Ebbe Altberg, CEO, Linden Lab
- Tony Parisi, Founder, Vizi
- Moderator: Bernhard Drax, Founder, draxtor…and media for all
For more info about the sessions, goto: http://svvr.com/schedule/.
Join us in Second Life!
Monday May 19th at 2PM PT/SLT & Tuesday, May 20th at 3PM PT/SLT
Plush Nonprofit Commons Amphitheater
This event will be streamed to numerous virtual communities including Linden Endowment for the Arts (LEA), NonProfit Commons, Rockcliffe, Builders Brewery, Ditko University, and others in Second Life, as well as the AvaCon Grid in OpenSimulator.
Huge thanks to Cynthia Stagner (Cindy Bolero in SL) of Silicon Valley Media Group for setting this all up and doing the on site streaming of the SVVR conference!
Written by: Rhiannon Chatnoir