This Friday, November 13th, TechSoup’s NonProfit Commons in Second Life will feature a special field trip to attend the 2015 International Disability Rights Affirmation Conference, taking place virtually in Second Life.
Please join our Nonprofit Commons partner Virtual Ability, Inc. for this event and receive valuable information about accessibility and building community from their many IDRAC presentations. We will meet for our usual intros and announcements, and then travel to catch the start of IDRAC presentations.
- More info and schedule at: http://blog.virtualability.org/2015/11/2015-international-disability-rights.html
Virtual Ability, Inc. is a US non-profit corporation with a mission to enable people with a wide range of disabilities by providing a supporting environment for them to enter and thrive in online virtual worlds.
Join us in Second Life!
Nonprofit Commons Weekly Meeting
Friday, November 13th, 8:30 AM PT / SLT
Plush Nonprofit Commons Amphitheater
AGENDA (all times below PT)
- 8:30 am Introductions
- 8:40 am TechSoup Announcements
- 8:45 am Open Mic / Announcements
- 9:00 am Virtual Trip to the 2015 International Disability Rights Affirmation Conference
- (This year’s IDRAC takes place in the Sojourner Auditorium, at Virtual Ability Island: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Virtual%20Ability/54/170/23)
The mission of the Nonprofit Commons in Second Life is to create a community for nonprofits to explore and learn about virtual worlds, foster connections, and discover the many ways in which nonprofits might utilize the unique environment of Second Life to achieve their missions.
Written by: Rhiannon Chatnoir