This Friday, March 18th, TechSoup’s NonProfit Commons in Second Life we will get a chance to go over highlights of the Virtual Worlds Best Practices conference, and the upcoming Nonprofit Technology Conference taking place in San Jose next week. We will also have a Mentors Central presentation on remote work tools, and Draxtor will join us to discuss the NPC video he is making as part of the World Maker Series and film some of our meeting.
- Link to the #VWBPE Nonprofit Commons – Creating Impact Through a Virtual Community of Practice: https://youtu.be/7PWiafQEhNQ
- The panels and events that Caravan Studios and TechSoup will be part of at #16NTC: http://bit.ly/1nSsYRY
Join us in Second Life!
Nonprofit Commons Weekly Meeting
Friday, March 18th, 8:30 AM PT / SLT
Plush Nonprofit Commons Amphitheater
AGENDA (all times below PT)
- 8:30 am Introductions
- 8:40 am TechSoup Announcements
- 8:45 am Mentors Central – Remote Work Tools
- 9:00 am Featured Presentation – Draxtor Despres discussing and filming a short NPC video
- 9:20 am Recapping VWBPE, looking foward to NTC
- 9:30 am Open Mic / Announcements
The Nonprofit Commons in Second Life is a program sponsored by Caravan Studios – http://caravanstudios.org, a division of TechSoup Global, http://techsoup.org. The mission of the Nonprofit Commons in Second Life is to create a community for nonprofits to explore and learn about virtual worlds, foster connections, and discover the many ways in which nonprofits might utilize the unique environment of Second Life to achieve their missions.
Written by: Rhiannon Chatnoir