Join us Friday, December 1st for the NonProfit Commons in Second Life meeting featuring a field trip to Virtual Ability, Inc. and the International Disability Rights Affirmation Conference (IDRAC). The conference will take place December 1st and 2nd virtually in Second Life® at The Sojourner Auditorium on Virtual Ability. See you there!
- Please check out their website for details at http://www.virtualability.org/
This year’s theme is “Who Is Responsible?” This theme is broad and open to interpretation by the presenters we invited to this year’s event. If past conferences are any indication, we look forward to lively discussions and information sharing among presenters and the very interested and interactive audience.
Join us in Second Life!
SATURDAY 12/1 AGENDA (all times below PT)
▪ 8:00 am Beyond accountability: Moving towards answerability for students with disabilities
▪ 9:30 am Access to Health Care and the Liberation of People with Disabilities
▪ 11:00 am Who’s Responsible for Inclusion?
▪ 12:30 am Are We Empowered Yet? Definitions, Interventions, and Outcomes.
▪ 2:00 pm Stories from Young Women with Intellectual Disabilities: Meanings of Gender and Disability
The mission of the Nonprofit Commons in Second Life is to create a community for nonprofits to explore and learn about virtual worlds, foster connections, and discover the many ways in which nonprofits might utilize the unique environment of Second Life to achieve their missions.
The Nonprofit Commons in Second Life is now peer governed and funded! If you would like to help support NPC, you can donate via PayPal to email@example.com or send a donation in world to the avatar: NonprofitCommons Actor
Written by: Rhiannon Chatnoir