This Friday, June 1, we will talk as a community about the Nonprofit Commons and its future, look at the results of a recent survey many of you filled out, and discuss transitions in the community management of the NPC over the coming months.
Some questions to ponder prior to our meeting:
- How to do we maximize the utility of Second Life to help nonprofits reach their goals?
- How do we invite into the NPC the larger constellations of groups that could benefit from our space and our services?
- And how do we engage with other online and offline communities of nonprofits that are doing great work?
So come with your ideas about how we can continue to grow and evolve this important space and network.
As I announced in a separate communication, I will be stepping down as community manager of the NPC as of next week, and passing on the responsibilities (and joys) of the position to other capable hands. We’ll have some time for goodbyes and thanks toward the end of the meeting.
Join us for this important gathering on Friday June 1 starting at 8:30am PT. See you at the Plush Nonprofit Commons amphitheater.
NONPROFIT COMMONS MEETING
June 1 , 8:30am PST
Plush Nonprofit Commons Amphitheater
- 8:30am Introductions
- 8:40am TechSoup Announcements
- 8:45am Mentors Central
- 8:55am Community Forum on the Future of the NPC
- 9:25am Farewell to Rik Riel
- 9:35am OpenMic/ Announcements
P.S. for any questions or concerns about this transition, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Written by: rikomatic