Great information from Rafi Santo….
I thought I’d share with you all the recent independent evaluation that was completed about the Science through Second Life project that we ran during the last school year. The project integrated Second Life and wide range of web tools into a standards based high school science class in New York City. Among the findings:
– Students’ attitudes towards science-related careers changed positively with the StSL curriculum.
– Students’ self-efficacy and self-confidence in their abilities to do science-related work increased.
– Compared to the traditional science curriculum, the number of students reporting being overwhelmed by science class fell by 50%.
– Low achieving students’ grades improved significantly compared to the previous semester.
– Students’ collective intelligence skills improved throughout the semester. More students reported that they felt more comfortable working with others to get something done using digital media in the post survey.
Click here to download the report which also includes a detailed program description, and if you have any questions about the project feel free to be in touch.
Written by: Beth J. Bates