How to Participate in the Digital Storytelling Drive-In Events hosted by TechSoupGlobal inSL or in San Francisco:
See and hear the stories live in San Francisco
Visit us live at 525 Brannan Street Suite 300 on Wednesday October 21st at 7PM or skip the travel and meet us in Second Life at the Health Commons Drive-In at Nonprofit Commons. We will be sharing snacks and popcorn at the TechSoupGlobal office as we watch and give awards to winning entries. To RSVP visit
Meetup: or Facebook:
If you cannot make it live, send your comments and questions on Twitter by tagging #TSDIGS or checking Tweetchat: www.tweetchat.com/room/tsdigs
To view all of the extraordinary entries to this challenge visit the playlists on YouTube and Flickr and please leave feedback comments for these organizations.
View video and photo entries in the sidebar here at nonprofitcommons.org.
You may also view and submit comments/questions via Second Life:
1. If you are not already registered with Second Life do so here: https://join.secondlife.com/.
You should be taken through the process to verify your email address, download and install the Second Life viewer. If not, do the following:
– Check the email account for the address you gave when registering with Second Life. Click on the long URL in the email and you should get a confirmation and download instructions.
– You can download the Second Life viewer for Windows, MacOS or Linux here: http://secondlife.com/support/downloads.php
2. Once Second Life is running and you have signed into the virtual world, you can teleport directly to the event with video and discussion:
– Go to the DRIVE IN teleport map: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Health%20Commons/133/39/20/
– Click on the orange “teleport now” button.
– The Second Life viewer will show you a small map of the location. Click on “Teleport” in the Second Life window.
– Use your arrow keys to guide your avatar to the video screen:
– Right-click on a car seat and choose “Sit Here” to sit down.
– Push play on the bottom of the screen next to the movie camera icon to start video.
3. Please direct your comments/questions via text chat or IM to TechSoup Staffer “Penguin Kuhn” and include your name and organization.
We hope to see you there!
~In Kenzo, Chief Architect & NPC Interactive Producer
|TSDIGS Drive In Sign.jpg||113.79 KB|
Written by: InKenzo