Join us for the November 9th Nonprofit Commons in Second Life meeting, featuring Kae Novak (Kavon Kzenovka) presenting on the Rapid Response 4 Edu online workshop, which includes learning modules on Multiculturalism, Information and Technology Literacy, and Social and Political Issues, and is a template of how organizations can rapidly respond to events and create and curate content.
- Rapid Response Short Video http://bit.ly/rapidresponsevid
- Rapid Response write-up http://elearningcolorado.org/wordpress/rapid-response-to-turbulent-times-and-social-issues-2018-nomination/
Kae Novak (Kavon Zenoka) is an Instructional Designer and an Information and Technology Mentor for a community college in Colorado. She is a Ph.D. student in Education at the University of Colorado, Denver. Her research focus is on educational equity, immersion, role-play and connected learning. She is the current chair of ISTE Games and Simulations Network and Co-Chair of the eLearning Consortium of Colorado. In her spare time, she leads and facilitates the Metagame Book Club which combines the reading of fiction, game-play and education research.
Join us in Second Life!
Nonprofit Commons Weekly Meeting, Friday
Nov 9th, 8:30 AM PT / SLT
Plush Nonprofit Commons Amphitheater
AGENDA (all times below PT)
- 8:30 am Introductions & Updates
- 8:45 am Mentors Central – Mentor’s Central – Flickr updates
- 9:00 am Featured Discussion – Rapid Response to Social Issues
- 9:50 am Community Open Mic & Announcements
The mission of the Nonprofit Commons in Second Life is to connect communities for social good through education, networking, and collaboration. http://nonprofitcommons.org
The Nonprofit Commons in Second Life is peer governed and funded! If you would like to help support NPC, you can donate via PayPal to email@example.com or send a donation in world to the avatar: NonprofitCommons Actor
Written by: Rhiannon Chatnoir