I was asked by a colleague if I would write a "How To" on Qumana. I’ve been using Qumana now for several months to post to three different blogs–dogstar.org, imagespace.blogspot.com, and secondlife.techsoup.org.
What is Qumana?
- Qumana is a free blog posting package that allows you to craft offline and post once you have completed editing your narrative.
- Qumana is a tagging tool that allows you to easily control what tags are used.
- Qumana allows you to insert ads if you want.
The software includes a very simple text editing menu bar that allows you to colour text, use bold, italics, underline, and crossout. You can justify to the left, center, right or full block. You can use bullets or numbered lists. You can quote and indent. It makes embedding pictures simple, will link for you and has spell check.
Qumana allows you to manage as many blogs as you like. The process of adding a blog is simple.
- Choose "Blog Manager"
- Click "Add Blog"
- Enter the URL of your blog
- Let the system know what kind of blog you utilize
- Enter your username and password
When you are ready to compose..
- Fire up the software
- Choose "New Post"
- Craft your text
- If you have tags already set on your site, click "Refresh" in Categories.
- Click "Save" to come back later
- Click "Publish Post" to post your text.
It really is that simple. So, download Qumana. It is available for Mac and PC.
Written by: Creech